Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

speechless.

i'm rarely at a loss for words. one moment where i truly could not speak was when tyler proposed. the full story of our proposal is on our wedding website, but i figured i would put it on here as well. great stories should be told and told again. so here it is... our proposal story...

When: June 30, 2010

Tyler and I had just eaten dinner with my family, and he told me that he needed to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some things and he wanted me to come with him. I was wearing gray yoga pants and his old McCallie hoodie, and I thought it was odd when he asked me if I wanted to change but I just said no and got in his truck. When in the truck, I noticed that he wasn't driving towards Wal-Mart, so I asked him where he was going and he said that he just wanted to get out of the house and go on a drive to spend some time together. Then, he said that he had a full tank of gas so "Why not?" I then told him that was weird, because he NEVER wants to waste gas, but I just went along with it. He got on the interstate and eventually took an exit towards downtown Chattanooga. I asked him again, "Where are we going?" His father is a contractor and had been doing a project at UTC, and Tyler said he wanted to go check it out. When we arrived at UTC, Tyler parked his truck on UTC's campus at the library. He said he thought it would be nice to go for a walk, because we're always talking about how we want to go on a walk together but we never do. Our walk led us to the courtyard next to Patten Chapel, where we had discussed that we wanted to get married. I was thinking, "Oh, he's about to propose!" but then... His phone rang... It was his mother! I thought to myself, "Surely if he was going to propose, she should know about it and wouldn't call!" I sat on a bench and waited for Tyler to finish his phone call. He walked to the other side of the garden and, little did I know, his mother had no clue - she thought he would propose on the 4th of July. He told her that he had to go because he was about to propose and she was trying to convince him to wait! (lol) Tyler got off the phone and walked towards me. I told Tyler to sit down with me, but, instead, he bent down and kissed me. I again asked him to sit, and, much to my surprise, he started to get down on one knee and he said, "I'd rather get down on one knee and ask you to spend the rest of your life with me." We both cried and then he said, "Will you marry me?" I then saw the most gorgeous engagement ring in his hand. I was crying so hard that I couldn't even speak, so, instead, I let out a muffled "Uh huh!"

I knew he was planning on proposing, but I was completely caught off guard when he did it. It was such a beautiful moment for the two of us. He said that he wanted to ask me there, because it was where we met and it is where we would be married. And then... The wedding planning began!

fin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment